I was a bit taken aback when Thomas Wu asked me that question on his Koyoti Small Business Podcast (KSBP) a couple of weeks ago.
Thomas and I talked about THAT, along with our shared passion for fountain pens (and why I love using them), his love-hate relationship with my website, and why I don’t prepare taxes (not even my own).
Thomas insisted that a Harry Potter-esque accountant would definitely incant “Balenceus Totalis” before beginning work (and so that’s the title of the episode).
And we covered:
- What’s the major difference between bookkeeping and accounting
- What secret information is buried in your books (Hint: your books are NOT just there to do your taxes!)
- Why the best bookkeepers and accountants use knowledge, wisdom and discernment to help their clients
And some takeaways for you:
- How to NOT lose track of all those apps you’ve subscribed to
- The three main mistakes people make in their bookkeeping and operations
- Why I, an AccountingWizard, no longer take my magic wand to networking events.
(Oh and yes, I did answer his question, but you’ll have to tune into the podcast to hear it!)
Oh, and after listening the pod, drop me a line (info©accounting-wizard•com) and let me know YOUR favourite bits!